Check out this easy to follow video for the tools and resources you need to get started with modern calligraphy!Read More
I have always found pattern design to be such a fun and interesting pursuit and recently brushed up my skills in a Skillshare class and wanted to share some tips I picked up!Read More
Today we’re creating an icon collection! And by we I mean I’ll create it and you can create one too if you feel like it.
Icon design comes in handy for all sorts of projects from logos and identity to web design.
And putting a collection together like this can be a great portfolio project for you to work on!Read More
Today, we’re going to be talking about STYLE GUIDES! A style guide is exactly what it sounds like, a document that outlines the “rules” or guidelines the brand style should follow.
Before we get too deep into talking about style guides, I want to mention that I think there can be fluidity within your blog/brand/website style if it makes sense for your audience or goals and values.Read More
- Monochromatic - made up of different tones, shades and tints within a specific hue.
- Analogous - utilizing three colors that are next to each other on the color wheel.
- Complementary - combining colors from the opposite sides of the color wheel.
- Split Complementary - use colors on either side of the hue opposite your base hue.
- Triadic - Made up of hues equally spaced around the color wheel.
I always say that the logo and brand identity course can work for more than just learning how to design logos. That's because it's a tried and true process I've used on everything from banner ads to t-shirt designs.
I wanted to show you what I mean, so I decided to create a mood board for a wedding invitation project I'm currently working on.Read More