How to Strategically Format a Blog Post: Turn Strangers into Fans
Blogging continues to be one of the most tried and true methods for growing your business.
CONSISTENT BLOGGING CAN:
- Help drive traffic to your website to grow your email list
- Demonstrate your expertise to establish yourself as an industry leader
- Build trust with your readers to increase client bookings
But writing the post is only one part of the battle.
To get the most out of your blog posts, they need to be styled and formatted in a way that encourages people to actually read your content.
And not only read the content, but take action. Such as signing up for your newsletter, purchasing your ebook or inquiring to work with you!
Here’s a checklist of everything to include in your blog post for an easy to read and engaging piece of content that turns strangers into fans.
The most important thing to remember as you format your blog is that most people are scanning your content.
That means you want to create hierarchy with different headings, break your post into small chunks and utilize bullet points or lists when possible.
Here's what you want to try and include while structuring your blog post:
- Include your branding, keep the design clean and modern.
- If you don't have Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, you can create Pinterest images using Canva. They have pre-designed tempaltes to make it easy!
- This will help break up your content and can highlight different sections.
- Also benefits SEO!
- Customize your headings in your blog text editor.
Eliminate Lengthly Paragraphs
- Break your blog up into multiple 2-3 sentence paragraphs and bulleted lists where applicable.
- Remember, people scan!
Newsletter Sign Up
- Make sure to include some way to stay connected with your content.
- Embed a simple sign up form or try creating content upgrades for a targeted email list.
Include Related Posts
- You can have a "read this next section" with related blog posts.
- Don't forget to link related posts throughout post.
- If you don't have a sidebar, you may also consider adding an "About Me" section on your blog.
- This can also help with SEO if you're strategic about using keywords related to your content.
Becky Kinkead is a designer focused on sharing easy to follow, step by step design, business and marketing advice to help you take your business to the next level. On the blog, you’ll find a variety of topics that help you succeed in online business, such as website design, branding, social media strategies, email marketing, blogging, business and online marketing.