How to be a #GIRLBOSS
If you're anything like me, summer is a great time to read a ton of books. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso (founder & CEO of Nasty Gal) was a quick read and had me buzzing with ideas about branding & the future of my biz.
Since I know you're a #girlboss (or #dudeboss) conquering your online space, I figured you'd dig a peek at my notes I jotted down while reading.
- Infuse your brand with meaning.
- Be your own idol.
- Know your customer.
- Fortune favors action.
- Utilize free marketing.
- Treat your customers like friends.
- If you believe what you're doing will have positive results, it will, even if it's not immediately obvious.
- Always be honest.
- Design/aesthetics are everything ;).
- Keep your promises.
- Make the customer's experience perfect.
- Haters gonna hate - keep your head down & keep doing you.
- Sometimes, break the rules.
- Be stubborn. Don't take "no" for an answer.
- Listen to what your customer wants.
- Approach everything as an experiment.
- When you suck & don't like it, move on.
- Find opportunities in failure.