Color Wheel Review
Types of colors on the color wheel:
- warm and cool colors
Tint is when you add white to the color You get a shade of the color when you add black
Colors & Emotions
- Monochromatic - made up of different tones, shades and tints within a specific hue.
- Analogous - utilizing three colors that are next to each other on the color wheel.
- Complementary - combining colors from the opposite sides of the color wheel.
- Split Complementary - use colors on either side of the hue opposite your base hue.
- Triadic - Made up of hues equally spaced around the color wheel.
Create a Color Palette
Colors can evoke different feelings, so when you’re choosing colors for a logo or brand identity keep it in mind because it can influence whether you go with the traditional color for that field or choose to stand out.
Check out this free color palette tool, you can upload an image, pro tip, use one that was on your brand’s mood board and then test out various color palettes that go along with your brand’s vibe.
What influenced (or will influence) your brand's color palette?